Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My heart in Your hands

Was googling my name on the net (Yes, I do such things) and came accross this post. I dont remember actually transfering the poems from my old book to the net, but I did. This was 2005...


My heart in Your hands
Contributed by Chandre De Wet

Friday, 23 September 2005
I guess the only safe place and where it's meant to be for our hearts, is in His hands... Bible says Guard your heart, and the heart is deceitful...Let's give our hearts to him to heal and look after and to love.

As I listen once again
I'm wondering if you could hold me
Can I rest my head on Your shoulder
knowing you or I'll never leave

Can You hold my heart inside your hands
I'm afraid I'd let it go
This relationship's so precious
I cannot afford to take any risks

You're the only one who knows me
You know me better than myself
Will You show me how to love You more
Show me how to bless Your heart

I'm standing here with outstretched arms
Praying you'll reach down
I cannot without You Lord
I'm clumsy with my heart

*****************
A bit of background. Shortly after that, I think it was, I had a sleep over by one of the great strong ladies in my life Colleen, just before she moved and while we were chatting and praying, she said she had a vision of God trying to hug me and he had His arms around me, but I would not allow him to close them around me. So allow Him close, but not all the way... this was in 2005 and pretty true. from 1999 to 2005, I had grown in the Lord, in the spirit and in His word, but receiving his love into the deepest part of me, and trusting him or myself, was something I couldn't do at that point and many a tear was shed, as a result this poem...
*****************
2006, July, Hillsong Conference, Sydney...
"Just love on Him church", It wasn't the endless worship, the Rick Warrens, Reinhard Bonke's, etc, etc 's messages that finally caused a crack in the wall around my heart (though the word I got was awesome), it was simply this phrase said mostly while the Worship Leaders were going on to the next song... After all the worrying of how I'm going to get better health wise, how I'm going to change my life, get breakthrough, God said to me simply Just Love on Me. Thats' all. And as you love me, and allow me in, i will change you... Even obedience flows out of first loving him. So yep, God was faithful to draw near me and bring me to even that point of reaching out to me and holding me, being ever patient, revealing more of himself and flooding me with His love once I allowed his hands around me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home